The story

Back in February, the Valley News asked me to do a large double page graphic about how to make maple syrup. It was a fun project, looked great in print. Not long after, they asked if I would allow them to sell it as a poster. Sure! I said. (none have sold, although I have seen the paper version hung up in a few stores) That got me thinking about an idea that I had been kicking around for years. Doing illustrated scenes, places, animals, things...etc. about New England. My original idea was to illustrate something from every town in Vermont, something a town is known for and try to sell each image to the corresponding town. That was too ambitious and would take me forever. When I was a kid, I had the privilege of spending lots of time on some of my relative's farms. The barns were my playground. So, I broke it down to stuff that I love, things that I remember growing up. You will see me produce classic imagery, but done in my unique style. Sometimes I'll throw some humor in. Check back often as I'll add images on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment