Happy Holidays (aka Christmas)

For quite a few years since 1998 I've been asked to illustrate newspaper supplement covers for the Valley News, a daily that serves a portion of Vermont and New Hampshire. They are usually printed a few days before 'Black Friday'. There's always two covers with a holiday theme, and they have to tie into each other. As I was going through some of my archives, I realized that somewhere along the way that the word 'Christmas' was dropped. I think it was right after the first year that I did them.

These covers are from this year.


These are from last year. Notice after the 'snowstorm' there's a guy snowblowing.



Here's the covers from 2007. Not my favorite, but I remember being in a time crunch.



And here's the first one I did back in 1998. I did it very cartoony. I'm most definitely a cartoonist at heart!



2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. Do you have a set of Christmas or Holiday cards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have only two Christmas illustrations. One is 'Making Spirits Bright' - which can be found in the cards section on www.newenglandillustrated.com

    The other is a little mouse wearing a santa hat, climbing on a big plate of cookies. That will be on my site sometime in the fall.

    ReplyDelete