Toasty



At long last I incorporated a dog into a card! I have more ideas for other dog cards later next year. This one has been really popular so far. Most people who buy this card don't even have a dog, but they like the New England 'feeling' it has. Dog people love dog stuff with their particular breed on it. Cat people like anything with any kind of cat on it. I'm more of a cat person, but I love those good ol' buddy dogs! This image really took quite a while, in fact it's the most labor intensive illustration I've done in years.

4 comments:

  1. These are great. You should check with Meg W. at South Royalton Market to see if she'll carry them at our store. It is the type of item we sell and would sell well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rick,

    Actually Meg has bought cards for the So. Ro. Market maybe 3 or 4 times! (maybe they are all gone?) I think she had 'Toasty' in her last order. I was going to ask if you were the guy who wrote me a check the last time I delivered cards there on Oct. 22. The market sells the fair posters? Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that was why your work looks so familiar!

    George Lawrence was raving about your art!

    There are still a few of your cards around, including toasty.

    Yes, we do sell posters. Rebecca Beguin drops them off. If you'd like to do a signing at the co-op I am sure they'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. George Lawrence's art is incredible! I've admired his work for years and years. I'd gladly do a signing at the co-op. If you want to let me know when you get the posters in, I can get in touch w/Meg.

    ReplyDelete